LGBTI community have, and still face many struggles today. As Rotarians we must educate ourselves, celebrate the diversity of the community and come together.
The first step is to educate each other.
Rotarians are available to run short awareness sessions at your club meetings or longer sessions. Contact us to enquire.
This training will:
- Explain why LGBT inclusion is important to an Rotary Clubs
- Explain the differences between sex, gender identity, gender expression and orientation
- Outline some of the unique challenges faced by LGBT people
- Respond to some of the common views questioning the need for inclusion initiatives
- Understand the role that individuals play in creating a more inclusive culture in your clubs and community